Beehive Hire Details
Your Start Up Kit
10 Frame Brood Box
Stained with linseed oil (great for bees!)
Includes stand, inner cover plus galvanized lid.
Brood box frames include with and without wax
foundation to allow your bees to build as they grow.
4 Frame Nuc
A swarm sized colony of bees including a queen, workers, and resources to get your hive going.
Your total, one-off set-up cost is just
$486.00 (GST included)
Ongoing care for your bees
- Annual treatment for Varroa Mite
- A healthy queen for a happy hive
- Enough food & pollen for young larvae
- Bee support over winter
- Year-round hive maintenance
- Population management
- Annual inspection for AFB virus.
Around Jan Feb, we collect the frames with capped honey, leaving the rest for your bees to save for food during winter.
We add honey supers with frames for your bees to fill up with fresh local honey.
So we can harvest your precious honey, we take your honey back for processing, testing, bottling & *labelling.
(Additional costs included.)
We believe that any site can become
home to a thriving beehive.
- Bees are not aggressive. They will not attack you.
They are happiest doing their job.
- Stinging people is fatal for bees, so they generally
save that for when they feel threatened.
- A bee landing on you usually just wants to rest.
- Accidents can happen but are rare when bees are
given a little space and quiet.
- Ideally, hives should be positioned in an area that
is safe for both the bees and the public.
- Like anything in life, if you have an allergy,
your safety is the top priority and you may not be able to